Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Maverik is......Potty trained....well kind of!

Well the world has been waiting to hear about this news forever, brace yourselves people Maverik Paul Martens is potty trained! During the waking hours of his life he does not require diapering services! (During his nap and at night I still put a diaper on him just to be safe!)

I am so elated about this unbelievable miracle that has taken place because if you have ever seen Maverik before he is not a small child. I will not get the looks of question and raised eyebrows like I did before when I use to place my 47lb son on a changing table that is hinged to the wall.  I would always say loudly "How old are you my big boy? Oh you are just 2 years old!" Ha Ha Ha! I am laughing at the thought of all those people not understanding that he is so little but such a big kid and he had every right to use that diaper! Oh and if you are wondering I have looked for the warnings or what the heaviest amount of weight that could be placed on those tables in restrooms and I never came across it. Please advise me if you ever see a weight limit. I have been placing the stroller that holds my other little baby Rowynn far away from the wall in case he might have bottomed out, pulling that thing right off the wall! I also would make sure I never let Maverik stay up on that table for very long holding my arm under him in case the table ever bottomed out!

Maverik is doing well and is very vocal about his choice of underwear instructing me on  which ones he prefers. His potty training started on Monday and went through the weekend of this last week. Of course there were two home games so I decided to take the plung and see if he could stay dry at a public place with underwear on and the full nine yards! What an experience, to those who have toddlers and make several trips to the bathroom during every social outing that you take, I give you mad props!  As I made all those trips up and down the bleachers Rowynn in my front carrier and holding Maveriks hand along with my two bags of I do not know what on my shoulder, a lady stopped to tell me that she thought I was an "Awesome Mom bringing my kids to a game."  She then stated, " I bet you are a players wife because no one in there right mind would come alone with two children to a hockey game with all of that stuff." I said you are right and I am losing my mind most of the time!

To add a side note here off the topic Maverik is quite in love with his reflection, I believe he acquired this trait from his Uncle Andrew jk bro, but maybe not! (yes my brother is also named Andrew as well as my husband just so you are not confused) The same weekend at the hockey game during our 6th trip to the bathroom to go potty, he was checking himself out in the reflection off the back pipes of the toilet running in place looking behind at this reflection. Oh yes he loves to look at himself in door handles, mirrors, anything reflective!  I just laugh and laugh to myself thinking, this is just a toddler thing he won't look at himself this much when he is older! (Even though my brother has not grown out of this phase, please tell me your children look at themselves in any shiny objects as well and that it stops sometime before kindergarten)

Cheers to Maverik and hope that he stays dry without accidents in the next few weeks! The real test of time will be when he goes to school on Thursday. I believe his teacher will be very thankful she will not have to hurl his body up on the changing table.
 A few pictures of Maverik before underwear!
Maverik 8 months old with his Uncle Andrew:


Maverik 11 months old at Hockey Rink:


Maverik 18 months old at my parents cabin:

*See what I mean my BIG BOY! More pictures of Maverik to come with underwear on! I promise to post more daily pictures of the kids and blog more as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment