Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Part One of Three.......Texas Bound!

We have arrived and departed from Houston, TX to visit Lady Di, Papa Frank and Auntie Gabrielle........ahhh and also the animals Leo the Golden Retriever and Maverik's Beta fish Diane bough him 2 years ago and is still alive..... This fish I am telling you is going to live forever.....its blue Maverik's favorite color and Diane tells Maverik each time "take it with you!" I say "no, no it stays here at Lady Di's house!" I never had time to blog with all the happenings of the trip so I am catching up! Here goes the story of the trip that started off horribly:

This is the first trip I really packed with care and concern: one suitcase, a carry on and a diaper bag....neatly organized no extras all very carefully........Get to the airport check in car seats, suitcase, load the stroller, load the kids... etc (with Andrew's help).......Maverik falls asleep while checking in......Rowynn is screaming bloody murder!!!! Let her walk all the way to security.....get there.....shoes off everything out of the stroller. Stroller won't go through machine........they won't help me hold Rowynn because Maverik is sleeping "We can not hold kids it is againist Federal Regulations" Ok so Rowynn walks through I am holding 50 lbs of sleeping weight......then the lady says "We are going to have to pat you down and go through all your bags and items!" What in the !@#$%^& I have two kids and you are choosing me????? AHHHHH so I am still holding Maverik.....sleeping....Rowynn is wobbling off to lick something....I say I need my stroller......"After our test can you please wait a minute." I wanted to say "You hold him and chase her, then you wait a minute!!!!!

Finally get the kids loaded up and Rowynn is screaming.....Maverik is sleeping......I go to a glass area in front of about 30 people waiting in a group to go on a flight together.......I am wearing leggings and a longer lulu lemon hoodie.....no shoes..... they say "Please remove your jacket." I am like looking practically naked with a tight shirt and leggings they send the jacket through the machine and start a pat down of me......a FULL PAT DOWN......you know what I am saying......meanwhile the crowd grows bigger... and Rowynn's screams grow more uncontrollable!!! I say are you almost done...... this is insane..........'I am going to have to pat down your chest area and swipe your clothing we are almost done!" OMG......as this was happening I was watching someone carelessly unpacking and stuffing things back in my bags!! Swiping everyting with little wipes and testing it.......I am so mad right now, I was like that took hours, biting my lip.....hurry up people I was thinking, Rowynn still screaming!

After all this I asked why did you pick me? You have unopened liquids we could not test.....I said you got to be kidding me! I understand about our countries security but really......... I went to my gate and a lady came up to me from the large group and said that next time I had a pat down I could ask for a private room.....I guess she thought that it was getting a little PG-13 the way things were going behind glass walls......lol I said I was not planning on getting another one ever! Then I thought btw lady I had not time to think...hmmmm maybe you should take all my stuff and run in and out of a little room to test things so I could have a little privacy and Rowynn could scream for longer and louder  behind closed doors! Little did I know.... oh yes.......it all happened again on my way home....... TSA thinks I am hoarding something......but I am not I swear! Just diapers, dinosaurs, kids snacks and extra clothes......I swear people! I am safe to go through the airport!!!!

As a topper to the pat down from hell on the way there we hit turbulence and Maverik threw up everywhere......omg it was not fun.....(Maverik has flown too many times to count and has never had a problem, ever) Thankfully a very nice woman and man helped me and held Rowynn....while I used almost every wipe I had and changed his clothes in that little tiny bathroom..... The stewardess said she could not take the bags of throw up and everything and that cleaning was going to come take it all away when we landed.....so I stuffed it all in a large plastic bag and got to smell that the whole way to Houston! Oh the joys of children and traveling alone! Priceless!!! Don't worry......we had a great time in Houston and I promise you it was definitely worth all the craziness to get through security......

Here are a few pictures of the traveling children:

Ice Cream after a photo shoot......So Delicious!



Rowynn is wondering "Where is mine?"



 I need a wipe Mom, put down the camera!


A funny picture of goofy times at the Fifer Residence.......


This is funny Auntie Gabrielle.....she loves everything that is for kids, toys, food anything....She is a great auntie and is now 18 and headed off to college....She is still waiting to hear from Maverik if she can borrow the rocking horse for her dorm room....


Rowynn would like a working cell phone for her birthday her top three choices are a blackberry so she can bbm all her friends, an iphone for the apps along with skype or a droid for its superfast touch screen.....below she is testing out Gabrielle's Droid. Her birthday is coming up in April...so if you are wanting to send her a gift.....she would be so happy if you sent her a cell phone!



We went to a ton of things in Houston.....The Aquarium was just one of the many things, it is so hard for me to snap a picture with two kids.....Diane and I were both running around that place with two excited kids! Not to mention it was PACKED with spring breakers.....so here is 3 of the pictures that are kind of quality.....I have the memories so that is all I need....but a few of Maverik are below:

Maverik looking up at the Fish....he is loving it!


Telling us about everything right here I bet he was saying
"Look at all the beautiful colors and the fish..."
He is always using his hands and talking, an animated story teller!



This is where he was telling us all the different fish and quizing us on varieties of sharks! He had his own little lecture on marine life......lol (Rowynn was here as well but she was listening to Maverik and running back and forth...to fast for a picture!)



Part 2 and 3 to come soon!

2 comments:

  1. omg nicole what a terrible story i would have cried in the airport and started yelling!!! I cant believe mav slept throught that all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know Alli I wanted to scream but was to afraid they would kick me off or think I was actually hiding something.....I was SO MAD! Come on two pat downs one trip.....not fun! WE had a lot of fun though.....I wish some one would have taped us! It would have been funny many months later.....many months!

    ReplyDelete