I recently took my first flying trip alone EVER since the kids have been born. Yes I have left them plenty of times for a weekend or two but never I have I flown away by myself.....which was a totally new experience for me! I am usually chasing children, getting full pat downs from security and wiping bottoms....instead I was lounging around, chatting on the phone drinking Caribou & reading a book......wow! That never happens ever! I read the book Water for Elephants on the plane ride to and from the Houston, TX......it was a wonderful book off my newly created "summer reading list"....now I can see the movie!
Once I got to Texas it was all work, I helped my mother in law Diane with Art in the Park to help raise money for her newly created non-profit FFAI.....here is the website if you want to check it out: http://www.FFAIonline.com I quickly learned that working for a non-profit is twice as hard as a real job....but it was so much fun! I helped with a lot of different aspects graphic design, art projects and coordinating the volunteers. Diane had everything beautifully organized so I was just on hand to assist her in what she need me to help create or finish. I know that FFAI is going to become even more successful and keep growing.....inspiring young and old in the Friendswood Area!
I missed my kids everyday and felt weird for someone not to need me to help them. I loved the free time but I was happy to see them after a few days!
Here is one cool picture of a chalk artist at art in the park.....is that not amazing!
Here is our FFAI booth!
A little collage of pictures/thank you from the FFAI AiTP event!
It was so much fun! Thanks for inviting me Diane & Frank!



No comments:
Post a Comment